Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Blog Post 12

After watching the Video Assistive Technologies for Vision and Hearing Impaired Children, I found it to be very inspirational to me. Seeing how the teachers were very active and embracing their students with care and guidance was amazing. I feel like it is only fair that students with disabilities should get as much proper education as the normal students. Using these technologies can really benefit children and help them develop many learning skills. These tools can really change and inspire a person's life. The next Video, Teaching Math to the Blind, was also another inspiring video on teaching students with hearing and vision disabilities. I have never heard of this board before in my life but soon as I watched the video I was very amazed at how someone had developed such a helpful tool for these students. This device will really help the students with beginning algebra and further on. Another Video I watched was The Mountbatten, and I learned many cool things about this piece of technology. This tool can do just about everything a regular computer or laptop can do. It saves files, receives files from a computer, and transfer files from a computer.

blind children working on technology

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the summary Sydney! I like how you keep an open mind with learning technologies. I also think it is important to be a teacher that really gets involved. I recently took the course EDU400 which is a special education course. Like you I was not aware of all the assisting technologies that are out there. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete