Thursday, March 27, 2014

Blog Post 10

As I watched the video on Sir Ken Robinson, he stated some really positive points about the learning process for children today. One of his points was how some of the teaching methods that teachers are using today in the classroom have been outdated. I actually agree with this because everyday something is being created to help better future teaching and learning for the upcoming students. This is something that teachers need to be aware of because they never know what methods they could come across that will really help some of their students. Another point he focuses on is how students should build their own knowledge and skills by themsleves. They should be open to ideas and explore their thoughts and dreams. As a future educator, I plan to be open to all ideas and teaching methods for my students. I want to do everything I can possibley do to make their learning experience a successful one.

Sir Ken Robinson

2 comments:

  1. I'm reminded of a meme while reading your post. The picture is of a classroom from a hallway. The well shaped piece of lumber that represents the parent is ushering their unshaped log (the student) into the classroom. The teacher is an ax or hatchet. The author was hoping to recount the same sort of thoughts I think you are sharing here. We shouldn't teach the children "how" to be children, but let them find out what type of shape they wish to be on their own. We shouldn't be the ax, we should be the soil they build their tree in. I hope this analogy isn't to vague... lol
    Good post and good luck.

    ReplyDelete