Friday, March 21, 2014

Blog Post 9

While watching Ms. Cassidy's video, I was extremely impressed by these first graders and how they were very knowledgable with technology. I remember back when I was in the first grade and we were only using chalk boards and dry erase boards. These students were very bright and eager to learn new things. They were excited about using new pieces of technology to help better their learning skills. They learned how to create a blog, write out an acutal blog, use skype with other students, and explore the internet for things they may need. What really caught my attention was when one of the students stated that using their blog has helped them become better with their grammer. You never know what may be an advantage to students when it comes to learning. This video was definitely an inspiration to me because it really shows how technology can have a big impact on children's lives.

As I watched the interview videos, I learned that Ms. Cassidy was first involved with technology about 10 years ago. In her classroom, they only gave her five computers to start with. This was not enough for her students and she wanted more. So she started her journey with technology and created a blog, web pages, and other social networks. She also talks about how you need to start out with what interest you the most. What you want to get more involved in. Everyone likes different things so its important to find out what best fits you. Another thing she stated was that she feels like the internet is not cheating. It's actually benefical to the students and helps students collaborate with other students. I must say that Ms. Cassidy's journey has been a big success and she stresses how important it is for teachers to be technological literate in the classroom to better their students knowledge.

kids using technology

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Cassidy was very determined to bring technology into her classroom and teach her students how it can be used as a learning tool! Great post, Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Sydney. When I think about first grade student's using blogs, I have never thought about how much it would help them with their grammar and language in general. Great job on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Mrs. Cassidy had some very smart first graders with technology. Good post.

    ReplyDelete