Saturday, January 25, 2014

Blog Post 2: What will Teaching in the 21st Century be Like?

1. After watching the " Mr. Dancealot" video, I learned that you should make sure your students know exactly what is going on in the classroom. Also, if you are demonstrating something in front of the class it is important to make sure everyone can see it. The teacher should have let the students practice together in class to make sure they knew how to do the dance steps. I agree with it because it is important to be well organized as a teacher while teaching a class lesson.

2. After watching the "Teaching in the 21st Century" video, I feel that Robert thinks that teaching in the 21st century is about making sure your students are very independent and knowledgable about the latest technology that is out. He believes that pushing technology more in the classroom is a great source for students to learn. The teacher is not their only source to learn new materials. I feel like Robert is making a good point about teaching because there are more sources out there to learn things rather than just one book. When I become an educator, I feel like the classroom will be more advanced with technology and it will be a must that I use it in my class.

3. After I watched "The Networked Student", I was really impressed on how he did everything on his own without a teacher. Even though he did it all on his own, he still needed the guidance from his teacher to help him succeed through. His teacher was able to give him helpful resources to complete his work. Also, when he was in need of help he could always ask his teacher to help him. This is a good way to help students develop independent learning skills for the classroom.

4. After I watched "Harness Your Students Digital Smarts", I feel that the thesis for this video is that the teacher is not the only source to learning. Technology is a big source for students to learn new materials in the classroom. I really think the video was very helpful because it showed how students can work together and empower each other while they are learning things in class. It also shows how children should be taught to think on their own and express their own ideas. Doing group activities with their classmates can really help develops many skills.

5. After watching "Flipping the Classroom" video, I was really impressed by the video. I really think this is a wonderful idea for students because it prepares them with helpful knowledge before class so they will know what is going on in class the next day. It helps them come prepared and gives them opportunities to ask questions about the lesson the next day. I feel like this approach will be very helpful to my classroom because it will help prepare my students for class and give them extra opportunities to go back and re-watch videos if needed. teaching in 21st century

2 comments:

  1. "It also shows how children should be taught to think on their own and express their own ideas." Great point.

    "I feel like this approach will be very helpful to my classroom because it will help prepare my students for class and give them extra opportunities to go back and re-watch videos if needed." This really is a great teaching strategy to use in the classroom, because it helps students of all learning levels to understand and master the concepts. It also helps to free of up time in the classroom that can be used for engaging activities and for questions.

    Be sure to include working links in every blog post; as well as, at least one picture with alt and title modifiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! Thanks for letting me know that!

    ReplyDelete